Monday, May 25, 2009

I LOVE this salad

I recently went to a family get together and my sister in law, Diana made the best salad. It is perfect for this summer. Sorry I have no picture I really need to make it! She got it from a sister in her ward, from a ward cookbook (?) I thought the wording was cute so I will do it exactly how it was done in the book. It is a very light salad.

1 pound spinach remove the stems
1 pound ice burg lettuce - chilled (Leola used romaine)
3/4 pound Swiss cheese grated
3/4 pound bacon cooked and crumbled

Dressing
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp onion-grated (a little more)
1 cup salad oil (canola oil)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 cup of sugar (Leola uses 1/2 cup) Diana did a little less
3/4 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds

Toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients, except poppy seed, in a blender and blend until smooth. Add poppy seeds and blend on a few short bursts until mixed in but not pureed. Pour over salad and toss.

Leala Kempton Wadell

Promise it will be a favorite!

1 comment:

The Dutton's said...

Sound yummy-I'll have to give it a try-except without the cheese and bacon-hhmmm-would it be the same salad??? Thanks!