Monday, February 14, 2011

Wyatt

Wyatt has had some big trials for such a little guy. Before Christmas a friend of his in his kindergarten class died. He has struggled with this ever since it happened. His kindergarten teacher moved during Christmas break and he got a new teacher. His new teacher is a family friend so I thought it would be okay with him. It was but it still added to his confusion. Getting Wyatt to school has been a struggle to say the least. He cries and refuses to go. I have walked him in and stayed with him and still big tears and he could careless if his friends see him that way. Tries to talk me into letting him have "a day off". His new teacher has been good and lets him eat lunch with her and call me during lunch. I try to stay and help in the classroom but sometimes that seems to bring a bit of a heart ache. Last time I stayed for quite some time and then left when he went out to recess. He asked me to stay and play with him but I had to go to another appointment. I could see the tears coming but he kept them from pouring out. His little voice was shaky but he did a great job of letting me go. He has told me he is afraid something might happen to me. He hugs me a lot saves special things for me and lots of food too. Before he leaves for school it is a million I Love You's. With time and a lot of talking he is doing better. I heard him talking about his friend the other day and he was talking about how he, his friend and other boys in his class use to race and his friend who passed away always won and Wyatt came in second. Wyatt said now he is the winner when they race and when they try to see who can stand on one foot the longest. One way I got him to go to school was to put this big heart on his hand and fill it with kisses and all he would have to do is put it up to his cheek when he was feeling sad. Great idea I thought! About three days of doing this and he said to me, "Mom would you stop drawing hearts on my hands the boys are teasing me that I have a girlfriend!" At least I got his mind off of things. Such a sweet boy. He is doing better everyday.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Breaks my heart. I just want to take the hurt for him.