Monday, February 23, 2009

Save the fruit tree!


One of our fruit trees tries to bloom early every year. It is still a pretty young tree but would produce some fruit for us. I love to see the beautiful blossoms but know that the tree will never survive the frost. I know this picture is pretty funny. At first Brent said he had heard to put Christmas light in the tree to keep it from freezing. I bought new lights this year and didn't want to get them out of the box so this is about all we had. Also it was hard to string the lights without damaging the blossoms. Then we tried sheets. I know the neighbors were having a ball watching us try to swing the sheets over the tree because Soon after we started I smelt cigarette smoke. I can just picture them laughing and having a good time at our tree saving. It really was funny. Guess you had to be there.

4 comments:

The Dutton's said...

OH, the things we do! I would have done the same! Hope it works!

Cheryl said...

Aren't you glad you can keep the neighbors entertained with good wholesome family activities? At least you've saved their minds from worse things and probably made their day. Laughter is good for soul.

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

P.S. Get smudge pots. The cowboys will love that and so will the neighbors.